Wednesday, July 23, 2014
These days I'm...
Making...peace with those things I want to change but can't.
Cooking...Orange Chicken for dinner.
Drinking...lots of water.
Reading...The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness.
Wanting...to be rid of my sugar cravings.
Looking...at new pins on Pinterest.
Playing...lots of Skip-Bo with Heaven.
Deciding...on a format for my family newsletter.
Wishing...I could take a daily nap.
Enjoying...the rainy days which is a bit shocking since I detested them last summer.
Waiting...for the next full moon. I look forward to seeing each and every one.
Liking...the summer movie releases.
Wondering...where July went.
Loving...early morning forehead kisses.
Pondering...ways to get my 16 year old to eat more fruits and veggies.
Watching...episodes of Charmed from season one.
Needing...to redo the color on my toe nails.
Smelling...my Champagne Toast candle from Bath and Body Works.
Wearing...more color and less black.
Following...new-to-me vegan bloggers like Rachel Cooks Vegan and Garden of Vegan.
Noticing...the little things.
Knowing...it's okay to be imperfect.
Thinking...about how much I love being a mother and grandmother.
Feeling...content and happy.
Admiring...people who don't let hard times keep them down.
Sorting...through piles of stuff I no longer need.
Buying...Hello Kitty decor for Heaven's bedroom.
Getting...excited about my ladies' night on Friday.
Disliking...mean, disrespectful, inconsiderate, stupid people.
Opening...my mind to new possibilities.
Giggling...every time I look in the mirror after eating fresh blueberries or cherries and seeing my purple or red tongue.
Inspired by Pip over at Meet Me at Mike's and linking up with Allie at Allieology for Blog Every Day in July.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Monday, July 21, 2014
Happy Monday, Friends! I hope your weekend was as relaxing as mine. I finally saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and it lived up to the hype. I love Caesar!
Last week's wishes:
* Work on projects for Heaven's bedroom - I worked on two projects for Heaven's room; I painted the letters above and a picture frame.
* Blog every day. I may use some of the Blog Everyday in July prompts. - I didn't blog over the weekend, but I've always been bad about that.
* Get more than 6 hours of sleep every night. - I slept at least 6 hours 6 of the 7 last nights.
This week's wishes:
* Work on projects for Heaven's bedroom; there's more to do.
* Get out of the office during lunch at least twice.
* Plan ahead for next week's meals.
* Blog every day.
Friday, July 18, 2014
Lately my weight loss efforts go something like this:
You workout? - Some
Been eating right? - I guess
Lose any weight? - Nope
Here's the scoop:
I'm still following the 90 day Bikini Body Mommy 2.0 Challenge, but I didn't workout at all last week because I had an awful pain in my back. I started this week with the day 43 workout instead of day 50, so my finish date will be a week later.
I'm enjoying all the strength and cardio exercises except burpees. Those are the devil!
There's nothing new to say about food. I'm still mostly vegetarian and working my way towards 100% vegan.
There was no change in my weight on day 45, but I wasn't surprised since I was still eating the same but hadn't worked out in a week. My next weigh in is day 60.
I'm still highly motivated. Next week I will be doing some extra cardio with Adrian, so that should help move the number on the scale in the right direction.
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Happy Thursday, and welcome to another episode of randomness.
* Not having a routine this summer has made me a little lazy. I'm sleeping 'til 6:00 some mornings. I'm watching more television. I haven't written a meal plan in three weeks. I will get back into my usual routine before the kiddos are back in school, but, for now, I am enjoying the laziness of summer.
* I'm currently reading Khaled Hosseini's "And the Mountains Echoed". Actually, I'm trying to get past the second page, and it has nothing to do with the book. I was a reading beast a week ago finishing my fourth book in less than two weeks, and then...
* Oklahoma had seven small earthquakes last weekend. I lived there for more than 30 years and don't remember ever feeling one. Now they happen often enough to cause concern for my family who already have to worry about tornadoes.
* My girlfriends and I are getting together soon for wine and painting and possibly more wine. We haven't been able to get together because of scheduling conflicts, so we have some serious catching up to do.
* Phil has had flu-like symptoms twice in the last three weeks. He's one of those people who get sick once every ten years or so, so the fact that he's been sick so much lately is a bit worrisome.
That's all for now.
I'm linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
I love reading the "What's in My Bag?" articles in Us Weekly Magazine, and I've often wondered if the purses/bags are cleaned out before the photo is taken because I never see any junk. Well, I thought I would show you my purse since I switched over the weekend and got rid of the old receipts that were hanging out at the bottom.
Some of the items I always carry are:
(1) my makeup bag since I recently started wearing makeup again,
(2) biotin which I've been taking for a while and my inhaler,
(3) cocoa butter lotion that I don't even use but Heaven does,
(4) the Burt's Bees lip balm I never, ever leave home without,
(5) dental floss because who doesn't?!,
(6) one of my two extra car keys. I don't know why I keep it in my purse because I would be terribly screwed if I locked my purse and keys in the car together.
What items do you always carry in your purse?
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
I love a good cooking challenge, so I'm joining Trish from Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity in her Cook it Up Challenge. I enjoy cooking and baking, and I love to try new recipes. The thing is, I usually turn to the internet when I want to try something new while my nearly two dozen cookbooks sit on the shelf collecting dust.
As of right now, I think I want to choose a different cookbook each month. For the rest of this month, I'm going to use MasterChef: The Ultimate Cookbook and attempt at least one recipe from each of the eight chapters.
Trish will have the first link-up ready on August 2, so I will be ready to share my progress then.