Monday, September 29, 2014
Happy Monday! I hope your week started as well as mine. And I had a great weekend. Phil, Adrian and I saw The Equalizer (Denzel Washington) on Friday. It was gooood. Go see it!
This month's goals:
* Buy new brassieres
* Compile a list of books I've read this year. I made a goal to read 30; I think I'm at 22.
* Match the food photos to the new recipes I've tried this year; my goal is 50.
* Complete the Daring Bakers' and Daring Cooks' challenges
* Make bats for the dining room walls
Last week's wishes:
* Work out six days. I did.
* Work on getting my spare room in order. Now that I have a table for my sewing machine, I'm clearing out the last of the clutter and decorating. The table is in place with the machine on it.
* Visit the Halloween store to see if they have a vampire costume for a 6-year old girl and secretly hope Heaven changes her mind and chooses a cute cougar costume. I found a cute vampire costume that's not at all scary.
This week's wishes:
* Paint my new door mat
* Work on my craft room. It's been years since I've had my own room, so I don't know where to start with it. I have too many ideas.
* Work out six days
* Run two days with Adrian
* Begin gathering books for the read-a-thon
What are your plans for the week?
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Happy Thursday! It hardly matters that it's almost over because Thursday is the day we Think out Loud with Amanda.
* Fall is one of my favorite seasons followed by spring because of the mild temperatures. I can go on and on (I won't) about why I love fall, but I will only say that I'm super excited about the crisp morning air, and the smell of pumpkin cooking in a million and one dishes, and skirts with boots, and sweaters, and new fall shows. I think that's enough. Oh, and Halloween.
* Speaking of pumpkin...I'm having this for breakfast in the morning. Thanks, Amanda.
* I forgot to mention cooler weather means it’s time for fuzzy toe socks.
* Remember that Cookbook Challenge I was participating in? I seriously suck at challenges. I especially sucked at the cookbook challenge since most of my new recipes have come from the Internet. I just have so many more online recipes bookmarked than those I’ve marked in my real cookbooks. I’m going to give it another go, though. I'm going to choose a cookbook with more every day recipes and see what happens in October.
* I miss cooking with the Daring Kitchen bakers and cooks. I cook every day anyway, so...
* I will never understand why people complain about what others post on Facebook or on their blogs. If you don’t like it, skip over it. It really is that easy.
* Dewey’s 24-hour Read-a-thon is back on October 18, and I will be there. My goal is to read for 16 hours. It shouldn't be a problem since my family is pretty good about leaving me be.
What's your favorite thing about fall? Or, if you don't like fall, what's your least favorite thing?
Monday, September 22, 2014
Last week's wishes:
* Follow the Bikini Body Mommy challenge every day. I was sick at the end of the week, so I missed two days.
* Purge Heaven's toys. Done! The toys above are some of the ones we got rid of.
* Meal prep on Sunday. Yep! Prepping on Sundays makes dinner time easier during the week.
This week's wishes:
* Work out six days.
* Work on getting my spare room in order. Now that I have a table for my sewing machine, I'm clearing out the last of the clutter and decorating.
* Visit the Halloween store to see if they have a vampire costume for a 6-year old girl and secretly hope Heaven changes her mind and chooses a cute cougar costume.
Have a great week!
Thursday, September 18, 2014
I'm back for weekly randomness with Amanda and her Thinking out Loud link-up.
* I feel blah. Itchy and watery eyes, runny and stuffy nose (how is that possible?!), a cough and sneezing. It's like my usual allergy issues had a run-in with a cold. Basically it sucks.
* My niece left for college a few weeks ago. She and Adrian are very close, so he had a tough time with her leaving which just about broke my heart to witness. Thankfully she is close enough to visit at least once a month.
* We visited the niece last weekend and took her along with us to the Ikea in Charlotte. I picked up a wall light for Heaven and some vases. Adrian also found the perfect light fixture for his bedroom.
* I usually have a cup of coffee once every two weeks or so. I had coffee this morning for the third day in a row. I. Need. Sleep.
* I have been getting hundreds of spam comments per day, and it is so annoying. If you know how to stop them, please help me.
* I have 400+ unread posts in my Bloglovin feed. That’s down from over 1,000.
* I cannot wait for Scandal and Grey's Anatomy to return next week, and it's even better that they're on an hour earlier than previous seasons.
* I did not want Courtney to win the MasterChef title. I didn’t really care for that chick’s attitude.
What are you guys up to these days?
Monday, September 15, 2014
Thursday, August 7, 2014
It’s time for some weekly randomness with Amanda and her Thinking out Loud link-up.
|Fun with the girls at Grapes and Gallery|
|My creepy tree painting|
* I envy people who have the ability to take a day off and sit around in pj’s all day and watch television or surf the internet while dishes remain unwashed in the sink or clothes remain unfolded in the basket. Everyone deserves a day off, but I have a hard time sitting while there are chores to be done.
|I made my niece's 18th birthday cake - neapolitan and very yummy.|
* I met the sweetest lady at Adrian’s last doctor appointment. I usually want to read and not be bothered when I’m sitting in a waiting room, but I really enjoyed the sweet little lady who asked a question that led to the best conversation.
|Adrian's AP Physics book. He's a junior this year and loves this stuff. It makes my head hurt.|
* I seriously need a pedicure. My toes don't look too bad, but I haven't worn sandals in weeks.
* I also need a manicure. My last one was on my birthday in May. I don't know what is in the products they use, my nails are just now back to normal after more than two months of peeling and chipping.
If you have any tips for keeping your nails healthy, please share.
Until next time...
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
It has been about 2 years since I went from watching no television to watching about 3 hours of television per week. That's way below the average, but it's still a lot for me.
One of my favorite shows to watch with Adrian is Supernatural. Ghosts, demons and other creatures...what's not to love?!
I'd like to share with you some things I've learned while watching the show.
1. It's good to have a large supply of salt on hand. It keeps spooky things away.
2. Don't make your salt circle near a window or any other drafty area.
3. While you're stocking up on salt, ask a priest to bless a gallon of water to make it holy.
4. If you hear noises and they're getting louder and louder by the second, don’t go toward the sound; run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.
5. If you know you’re alone but hear “psst”, either ignore it or leave the house. By no means should you go searching for the source of the sound.
6. If you're walking down the hall in a hospital and the lights suddenly go out, go back to where you came from if possible because there’s something seriously wrong with a hospital with no lights. People…they have generators.
7. Yes, there really are monsters in your child’s closet. If they ask you to check, arm yourself first – salt, holy water, stake, etc.
8. Haunted houses are empty for a reason. Don't take your girlfriend or boyfriend there to make out. How is that even romantic?
9. Not all children are innocent.
10. Dean and Sam Winchester are hot!