List of what I’ve watched, read, and/or listened to in the past month
- Phil and I took Adrian and my nephew to see Kingsman: The Secret Service. I was a little surprised when I realized we only went to the movies once.
- I read Zero Hour by Will Hill and The Other Side of the Pillow by Zane. While waiting for the release date for Zero Hour, I started reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. I do believe it’s going to take quite a while to get through that book. Adrian read 22 books.
- I listened to Stephenie Meyer’s Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.
- From iTunes, I downloaded Ed Sheeran’s Thinking Out Loud, Ella Henderson’s Ghost, Carrie Underwood’s Something in the Water, and Hillsong Worship’s Broken Vessels.
- Phil and I spent this last weekend with some friends in Savannah, GA which is about halfway between us and where they live in Florida. I watched them eat oysters (yuck!) and try hookah (I still don’t get it). We took a short drive to go shopping at Tanger Outlets and then had dinner at Garabaldi’s where I ordered the same dish I had when we went last summer. We did more shopping around Savannah, had fried green tomatoes and pimiento cheese from B&D Burgers, again, and then headed home. A good time was had by all.
What milestones occurred? Any holidays or celebrations? How about special events?
- I don’t like going out on Valentine’s Day because my idea of romance doesn’t include waiting an hour for a table in a restaurant you made reservations for only to be rushed through dinner because another couple is waiting for your table, so we made dinner at home. Phil actually cooked most of it. He made his famous seafood alfredo and dessert. I roasted some asparagus and picked up some bread from one of our favorite restaurants. Adrian and my nephew joined us for dinner.
- Adrian has had braces for two weeks now, and he’s doing pretty well with them. He’s a little bummed that he can’t drink coke but is otherwise okay with the rest of the short list of restrictions.
- Adrian drove my car for the first time and drove alone for the first time while we were out of town. He usually drives Phil’s car which is newer and smaller, so driving mine was an experience. He stayed close to home, but I was a little anxious.
- I had a parent/teacher conference with Heaven’s teacher and heard nothing but good things from her teacher who reminded me that six year olds will have some issues with behavior and following directions from time to time. Whenever Heaven does, she gets right back on task, and that’s what matters.
- Heaven is reading better and better every day, and I’m loving it. We picked up seven new books at her school book fair last week.
- We found out that Adrian is a few months too old to apply to two of the foreign exchange student programs we were considering which left us scrambling to find a suitable program. Thankfully, we found a few to work with.
- I’ve started a new fitness program, which I’ll share on Wednesday, so my goal this month is to stick to it.
- Crockpot Thai Pork (I used chicken.)